Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday!!!!

Today would have been Martin Luther King, Jr.’s 80th birthday. Martin Luther King, Jr. sacrificed his home life and his life so that we can have equality, justice, and an opportunity for a better life. He raised public consciousness about the civil rights movement and showed the world that America was not living up to its own creed, “All Men are Created Equal.” How can America preach democracy to the world and deprive its citizens their rights.

Martin Luther King, Jr. established himself as the greatest orator in United States history. King’s “I Have a Dream’ speech still send chills down my spine. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. will always have a special place in my heart. I will make sure that my children will know about Dr. King and his contributions to the world, how he paved the way for us. God willing, I will be in Washington, D.C. on the day Martin Luther King, Jr.’s National Memorial is unveiled.

Thank you Dr. King for making Barack Obama's Presidency possible.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Love Always,
A Lady's Perspective

No comments: