The Leimert Park Village Book Fair encourages reading, writing, and literacy in Los Angeles and greater Southern California area communities. Towards this goal, the Book Fair provides the community access to writers and their work and conversely, provide writers and spoken word artists a space to network with other artists/exhibitors and sponsors.
The Leimert Park Village Book Fair is organized by a Book Fair Planning Committee of about 30 people, including representatives from local schools, corporate/businesses, libraries, media, literary non-profits, book clubs, poetry groups, local/independent bookstores, community organizations, city staff as well as local authors, poets, and spoken word performers.
Special highlights and components of the fair include:
· 4 stages featuring author panels and special guest speakers;
· 3 stages featuring live music, poetry, performances, storytelling, theater, readings, open mic;
· Writing workshops and panel discussions;· Sponsor displays and special activities, including literary walking tours;
· Interactive activities & hands-on projects for children; and
· Celebrity Chef Cooking Demonstrations, and a Farmer’s Market.
The Leimert Park Village Book Fair is Free and Open to the community! The bookfair will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., on Saturday, May 31, 2008 at the Leimert Park Village located at Degnan Blvd. and 43rd Street.