Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Tuesday

Since tomorrow is "Super Tuesday" I am urging everyone to vote. I'm not telling you who to vote for, I'm telling you who not to vote for, Hillary Clinton. LOL

Yes, I am supporting Barack Obama. When I think about Obama and what he represents I am reminded of a poem by Langston Hughes entitled "Let America Be America Again." The poem conveys how the American Dream never existed for some people. The freedom, equality, and opportunity that every American and immigrant hoped for but never fully achieved.

Despite critizing the inequalities and lack of opportunities that exist, the poem conveys a sense of hope that the American Dream can be realized when citizens get involved. Obama inspires Americans to do just that. This is why he is getting my vote. Americans must take back America. This is why I urge you to vote. Then and only then can we "Let America Be America Again."


Barack the Vote!

No comments: